When: September 27-October 1, 2017
Where: the island of Syros – Greece
I. Animated film projects in development or early financing
II. Animated films seeking distribution
Deadline for submissions at the Pitching Forum: July 15, 2017
Deadline for Videotheque: July 30, 2017
More info on Animasyros: www.animasyros.gr, Facebook Page, Instagram
Watch: Animasyros 9.0 making of @ https://vimeo.com/192765121
Animasyros 10, the 10th edition of the annual International Animation Festival + Agora, is held on 27 September-October, 1 2017 in Hermoupolis, Ano Syros & Posidonia, Syros island (GR).
With over 260 animation films screened, the festival features three International competition sections, namely the professional, student and feature films. Thematic panoramas (international, student & K.IDs) and a Greek panorama of animation films are also included in the programme. Animasyros manifests its annual thematic priority, which this year is dedicated to the animation narrative for Europe, through a special screenings programme and a roundtable highlighting the current state of affairs in the European Animation Industry, within the common framework of the EU. The artistic programme is completed with special tributes, screening events & curatorial programmes celebrating the10th anniversary of the Festival. Hands-on animation workshops are enriched, in order to integrate children from neighboring islands, adolescents, young professionals as well as vulnerable social groups such as People with Disabilities & senior citizens. Meet the talents sessions, Concerts and parties run throughout the festival.
All in all, Animasyros 10 is an annual meeting point of animated cinema lovers, European and international animation professionals, linking creators with their possible professional, artistic and audience counterparts with pan-European approach.
The market section, Agora, at its third pilot year is further developed, as a scheme facilitating market access to prominent animation professionals, through co-production opportunities via pitching sessions, while representatives of the local, European and international animation industry present in open sessions industry specific topics to the accredited professionals.
The present call is addressed to animated films & TV shows with a minimum duration of 26 minutes (total), under development or seeking financial cooperation & synergies at a European level.
Selected projects at the Pitching Forum, will receive free accommodation for two representatives for three nights and a 20% discount on ferry tickets from the port of Piraeus. Hospitality arrangements are organized by the Festival solely.
Directors and/or Producers of under development projects will have the opportunity to present their project to a selected team of producers and investors, in order to create the conditions for the next stages of their project.
Send your application until 15.7.2017 @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Every application must include:
- A short Summary (up to 300 words)
- A Director’s note
- At least 3 stills that reflect the aesthetics of the project
- A Short producer note describing the project status (schedule)
- The financial plan of the project
- Director’s and producer’s Bio
- A preview link of the project (pilot, animatic etc), if available.
- Full contact details and specifically Name, Country, Position, Email, Mobile Phone.
Representative of selected projects will additionally have the chance to participate at all the activities of the Agora section of the Festival, which includes:
- An integrated videotheque (digital library) of completed and in progress animation films, accessible to accredited professionals.
- An open networking meeting (Meet the Directors).
This call is also addressed to professionals of the animation industry (director, producer, film promoters etc) seeking distribution opportunities. You can participate at the Market by submitting your work at the integrated videotheque (digital library) of completed and in progress animation films, accessible to accredited professionals.
In order to validly participate at the Videotheque, you have to:
- Send a screening copy of the animation film exclusively by electronic means (ie. Upload it on a webpage, use wetransfer, dropbox or relevant file transfer means) at email@example.com
- Attach to the e-mail a high resolution photo still [300 dpi]
- Attach to the e-mail a document containing full credits & technical details of the film
- Full contact details (Name, Country, Position, Email, Mobile Phone).
Send your film until 15.07.2017 @ firstname.lastname@example.org